Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Our Life Now...




We saw this motto on a motorhome while on one of our RV trips to Walt Disney World.  This is the life we are living since we both retired at the end of January 2008.  We have been on RV trips to tour the states of TX, northern CA, NM & AZ and four, yes, FOUR trips to Walt Disney World - one of my most favorite places to visit EVER.  So, even though we are retired, I feel so behind other bloggers who are posting pictures of their homes all decorated for Christmas already.  The only thing I've done so far is hang green garland around our front door.  Our dining room has turned into a storage room - that's where all the Christmas storage boxes are and also a huge piece of furniture (it's where our old TV cabinet ended up until we decide what to do with it).  I haven't started any shopping yet or baking.  Am I the only one in blogland late in getting my act together?  You wouldn't know I love to decorate for Christmas.   Are you "ahead" - or "behind" like me?  

4 comments:

  1. I started yesterday...and all of my storage containers are stacked in my dining room too...I'm so slow it will be time to take it all down before I get it up...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy,
    I'm late for decorating too! Usually everything is up but I've had company in and out of the house for weeks now. It's hard to get things done when you're entertaining...at least I've been having fun!
    Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving a comment.I think you also clicked on my followers button so thank you and welcome.
    I'll see you around.
    xoxo Cori

    ReplyDelete
  3. No you are not alone. Most of us are just thinking about getting started with decorations especially those of us with no little ones around to speed up the process.
    A couple of years ago we ( me ) decided to opt out of Christmas. Have a rest and a break from all that fuss. The kids were not around (interstate and overseas )so we could pull back a little but it was AWFUL - quiet and boring and lonely - so we've (I've ) learnt my lesson and now we join in all the rushing around but I must say that this year I'm feeling a lot less stressed about the whole thing and beginning to enjoy it all a bit.
    Nice to talk to you today
    Cheers
    Helsie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, I am soooo behind. I am so busy making things to sell that I am behind in my own decorating.

    ReplyDelete