Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Collection of Pins & A Silhouette

Vintage pins...big ones!

I have a small collection of vintage costume jewelry pins.  

Many belonged to my Mom and my Mother-in-Law.  

Some are my childhood pins.

A pretty butterfly, a teddy bear and a silver horse...



Some are more recent finds...such as my Teddy Bear and silver Horse pins.  

I love the vintage butterfly pin shown above.


Bright and pretty Christmas pins!


I love Christmas pins!

The green Christmas tree has red Mickey Mouses as ornaments.

Guess Who?


How do you like my childhood silhouette?  

I barely remember having this done as a child.  I don't even remember how old I was...maybe five or six years old?  

I wish my Mom had written down the information on the back of the portrait. 

Of course, she wouldn't have known how forgetful I would become as I aged.  LOL!



We have company for a few days!

My Hubby's sweet brother is visiting.  
   
 Last night I fixed country ribs in the crock pot and tomorrow night we are having grilled flank steak.   

But tonight we are going out to eat.

Have a lovely day and thanks for visiting me! 
   

Please join me for:

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
                                Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
                                          Wendy at The Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday

Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday


3 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy your time with family. It'a always good to catch up,isn't it?
    Have a great weekend
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such neat vintage items. I remember having my silhouette done in elementary school too! I think it was in second grade. I wonder if my mom still has it. Last month when I was visiting my parents, I found many things without the year on it and I wished our teachers made us write the dates on our little projects.
    Have a great weekend with your brother-in-law!
    xo Susan

    ReplyDelete