Saturday, March 10, 2012

Tybee Island,GA



We arrived at Tybee Island in the afternoon yesterday and after checking in at the campground we drove over to the beach. We had to see and touch the Atlantic Ocean! Dark clouds were rolling in - strange looking ones too.

Gateway to the ocean...

I love the ocean!

Sweetie, me and the ocean...

Flocks of birds...

All facing into the wind...

We made it back to our campsite and got all hooked up to electric and cable TV before the rains came.

I've been busy crocheting away. This is a close up of the "Wool-Eater" stitches...

My project is coming along!
Have a lovely day! We're heading north on I95 - a long travel day for us.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy?, I just found your blog, and love it that you are at Tybee! My brother and family live on Tybee, I just love it there. I hope you had chance to visit the island, maybe the lighthouse? It has been built up a lot in the past few years, used to be more quaint and islandish. But for this newjerseyan it's wonderful. Try to get to Fort Pulaski also while you are there if you like that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa..time was short so we didn't get to the lighthouse but we made time to stop at Ft. Pulaski on the way out of town. Hubby loves Civil War stuff. It was a neat fort one of the best we've seen. I hoped to see some of Jane Coslick's cute cottages but the coming rain stopped us. Thanks for visiting me and hope you come back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I love the ocean too. And I really love your current crochet project. Happy trails to you two Happy Campers!
    Danette

    ReplyDelete