Friday, March 21, 2014

BUNCO Party Time Over


Whew...I lived through hosting BUNCO this week!  

I managed to declutter (...why can't I keep it this way all the time?), clean, decorate and prepare the food and drinks in time.

In fact I was able to sit down and watch TV the night before BUNCO.

That's a first! 

Crock Pots ready for the appetizers!

For the first time I catered some of the food.  

I'm so glad I did.  

I ordered sirloin tips, chicken bites, a cheese tray, a cracker tray and an assortment of mini cupcakes and cheesecakes for dessert.  

The food came from a newly opened local meat and grocery store called "The House of Meat". 

They were great to work with and the food was delicious!

Cheese tray out.

Just in case I didn't have enough dessert, I baked cupcake brownies in muffin and mini tins and frosted them with whipped cream cheese frosting with green and white sprinkles added.

I knew Hubby would always eat the frosted brownies.
  
Desserts set up in the Dining Room.

That wasn't enough food so I also prepared a veggie tray and two fruit trays.   

I found two dip recipes on Pinerest that looked easy and good to eat.  

One, BLT Dip, was for the veggies and the other, Limeade Fruit Dip for the fruit.

I loved the Limeade Fruit Dip…but next time I would half the recipe (it makes a lot) and make it the day before so it has all night to set up.

I forgot to mention I made "Green Grog" again.

I love this stuff.

I use Vodka instead of Rum.

I don't add it to the mixture…I let the ladies add it to their individual drinks if they wish.

It's festive, delicious and so easy to make and so appropriate for St. Paddy's Day! 

Card tables set up in the Family Room.


The ladies seemed to like everything and I think the night was a success.

 We only played two games of Bunco.  

The ladies wanted to talk more than play the game.  

After dessert we all sat around the dinette table and talked until 11:00 pm!

It was a fun night!



I'll take down my St. Patrick decorations this weekend and put up Spring and Easter decorations. 



I'm so glad you asked (of course you did! Ha!)…my "Pink Delight" throw is coming along nicely.  

I'm working on rounds five and six in Watermelon and Soft Pink



These squares are the Refreshing design and are so easy crochet.  

I just need to crochet A. LOT. OF. THEM.

I had to stand on a small foot stool to take this photo.

LOL!    

I'm ready for Spring and I bet you are too!

7 comments:

  1. Your bunco night certainly sounds like a success! Loved your menu. Your blanket is looking good, I love the angle of the shot. I am happy spring is here, but I still feel cold! and potential for more snow next week! Ugh. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your house looks so pretty and festive. You made a wonderful hostess! Glad you had a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and what is Bunco, pray tell?

    Your home looks very inviting Sandy, as does your splendid buffet food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bunco is an easy dice game. There are 12 players with each table having four players. The tables are numbered one through three. Table One controls the game. Each game consists of six rounds. It's kind of like "jacks" that girls played as children. You start trying to throw "twos", the next game you try to get "threes" and you play that way up to "sixes". If you win the game you and your partner move up a table, if you lose you move down a table. This way you sit with different people through the night. You can google BUNCO to get more information too. How is your sewing craft room coming along Kath? I love your round window looking out on that fantastic view. You know we toured the UK in spring last year but I don't think we visited your town. I loved England!
      Hugs,
      Sandy

      Delete
  4. Your Bunco nights sound like mine! Everyone wants to talk! Actually, we've sorta strayed from Bunco because it's crazy hard to get and keep twelve ladies who commit to being together regularly.mmweve dwindled to a core group of seven and have changed our game up a big. We will get together next weekend and it's a Dominos night...that is, if we can stop talking. And then there's always a couple of rounds of L.C.R. At the end of the night. Are you familiar with that game? target sells it...we play with $1 bills and you play with dice that are marked with L, C or R or a black dot. You start with three $1 bills each and shake three dice. Depending what shows on each dice, you pass your dollars left, right or into the center. Once in the center, the dollars stay there and start to build a pot for the winner. The last person to be holding a dollar takes all the dollars in the center. If you throw a black dot die, you keep your dollar. As your stash dwindles, you throw only one die for each dollar in your hand. It's fun! Your night sounds like it was a lot of fun. And I hear you about cleaning house and keeping it that way! Why IS it so tough? Hugs, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy, sounds like you all had a fabulous time. Scrumptuous food. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. I have been having trouble with GFC and if I am already following you, and you following me, please forgive me. If not, please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like it was a lovely evening. You did a great job with the decorations and food. My book club ladies and I just sit and chat, we rarely talk about the book.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete