Tuesday, December 16, 2014

My Santas!

   Santas are everywhere here at Teacup Lane!

This one

I worked his beard in white pom pom yarn!


And his buddy

For his beard I added three chains between each single crochet.


Two are better than one...

And finally this Santa…


I've had this Christmas Santa fabric panel for years!  

I started free motion quilting it last year.  

I was hoping to finish it in time for Christmas this year but I don't think it will happen. 

But it should be ready by next Christmas!


I used my recently purchased beading foot to attach a string of red beads on Santa's reins.  

I didn't have enough to do all of his reins so I will have to make trip to the sewing/ craft store to buy more beads.  


I have more Santas coming!


Remember when I machine embroidered pillowcases this year in redwork?

This is the Santa one.

These will be put out on our bed next week. 

I found a delightful free crochet pattern called Country Christmas Doily that I'm working on now. 

You are suppose to work it in 100% cotton THREAD with a small steel hook.

I tried…I really did…but I can't handle small hooks and thread.

Luckily I found some thinner cotton yarns in my stash that are a joy to crochet with and I can't wait to share this Christmas project with you! 

All this R.E.D. is making me happy!  

1 comment:

  1. Your doily is looking great. I wouldn't have thought it would look as good in the bigger yarn, but it sure does! I'm excited for you and excited to see the finish. What a pretty Christmas decoration for you to have for years to come. I love red and white slso, although I don't have much of it. Pammy Sue

    ReplyDelete