Friday, January 9, 2015

New Motif


I found this pretty little motif on Pinterest (here).

The link goes to a diagram without detailed written pattern instructions.

But it was easy to figure out looking at the diagram.

I actually like crochet diagrams - I'm more of a visual person.


I'm not as good at writing out pattern instructions.

But I scribbled down some notes to assist me.


As you can see the "name" of this motif isn't very exciting.


Huh?

So I'm trying to come up with a new name for my project.



This is a tiny motif.

I'm using an H hook to enlarge it and also because it's one of my favorite hooks.

I have skeins of Caron Simply Soft yarn in yellow (Sunshine) and Soft Blue.

I'm designing this little throw as I go…maybe I will wait to join all the motifs.   

I think white or light green yarn for the join will be pretty.

And I may add some more pastel colors.

Help me out…what would you call this motif?  

8 comments:

  1. I think they are gorgeous. Thank you for the link I have pinned it already.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Regency" comes to mind because while small, the motif is ornate and powerful. Thanks for sharing it! I'm saving this one! It's a beauty and your colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I like NEAT... and TINY... I'm terrible at giving some 'thing' a name. But your colors remind me of a morning sunshine.
    as for patterns, I prefer the written rather than the diagrams...and hey! I crocheted a little infant sweater the other night...and now my other daughter wants one for her baby...did I write the pattern down?! NO!!!!
    so I'm hoping to remember it... I don't have a name for my pattern either. I might call it NEAT INFANT SWEATER
    or...The night before the baby shower sweater! hahahaha!
    Really, you don't want me naming your motif. LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a pretty motif pattern. I found the other day also and saved it for future use. Thought it would look great in a runner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't think of a good name right now, but they sure are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How are you planning on joining them? I found this pattern and plan on using it to dress up solid color pillows. I thought of stained glass windows when I saw this pattern, cathedral motif or something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmmm it is tiny, but sort of flowery, how about petit fleur motif?

    ReplyDelete